So I’m talking to someone about Inlu and prepare for the frequently asked question: “What is Inlu in five words or less.”
Sure we have a tagline: “Group giving for a happier planet.” And a true line (our internal mantra): “Every Inlu makes a difference.” But these seem to make more sense when you already know what Inlu is. I’m not a great writer, and I find this 5-word challenge to be very difficult.
The person I’m speaking with just had a baby.
I just had a baby… going on 15 years ago.
I started thinking about the difference in our lives… and that is when I figured it out.
The answer to Inlu is 294.
(Yes. I am also a fan of Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, by Douglas Adams for those of you being hit with a sense of familiarity.)
For all of you who have just had that first little bundle of love enter your life… get ready to give.
You’ll give more LOVE than you ever knew you had. You’ll give more TIME inside 24 hours than you ever thought possible. And… you’ll give MONEY more frequently than any high powered budget forecaster will ever predict for you. In fact, add another child or 2 to your family, and you’ll be amazed.
We estimate that in the next 15 years you’ll…
- give for 108 children’s birthday gifts (in addition to giving to your own kids)
- give to over 84 school related needs
- give for 21 teacher thank yous
- and probably just as many coaches & team related needs (21)
- you’ll help welcome 15 babies
- you’ll see 10 brides sparkle
- and you might help say goodbye to 5 people
- perhaps at least 5 times you’ll be the one friend someone will count on to help them celebrate something significant: be it a big birthday, a promotion, a move, a first marathon
- you might need to comfort 5 friends who’s paths haven’t gone quite as planned
- you might see 5 friends experience unexpected medical issues that need support
- but you’ll also see friends – and even their kids – working to bring dreams to life… either to support a cause they care about (let’s say 5 times)…
- or start their own non-profit to save the world in their own special way (5)
- and even see friends go for the impossible, by starting their own business (another 5).
When you put this all together… it brings you to 294 times across 15 years that you will want and need to give toward something special.
Since we went live three years ago, we have seen people use Inlu for all of these reasons… and more, to make the giving easier as a group. To give what’s truly wanted and needed, while streamlining the process, so instead they can focus on their own magical, human story as it unfolds.
So, when someone asks YOU what Inlu is… Just say “294. Check it out… inlu.com”
P.S. Happy 3rd Birthday Inlu. I’m so glad you’re part of my human story.